Friday, May 12, 2006

Fun with Statistics

All this reading about polls made me think of this exchange between Kent Brockman and Homer Simpson:

Kent: Mr. Simpson, how do you respond to the charges that petty vandalism such as graffiti is down eighty percent, while heavy sack-beatings are up a shocking nine hundred percent?

Homer: Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of people know that.

Kent: I see. Well, what do you say to the accusation that your group has been causing more crimes than it's been preventing?

Homer: [amused] Oh, Kent, I'd be lying if I said my men weren't committing crimes.

Kent: [pause] Well, touche'.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»