Monday, February 13, 2006

Mississaguga, Ontario (AP):

"Wayne Gretzky sidestepped questions about the gambling investigation that has engulfed him and his wife, and insisted Monday he won't distract the Canadian Olympic team despite a scandal that has shaken all of hockey.

Gretzky spoke for just 4 1/2 minutes in a news conference cut off by a Hockey Canada official when the NHL great repeatedly was asked about the integrity of the game.

'It's not like I shot a 78 year old man in the face'' Gretzky said."

3 comments:

post tot discrimina rerum said...

hilarious. I'm just reading along, thinking, hmm. Why did someone post Hockey celebrity gossip. Then, BAM! Gretzky shoots! Gretzy scores!

post festum said...

They don't call him the Great One for nothing. heh heh heh

post festum said...

In the spirit of honesty I must confess that my research does not seem to be turning up any other evidence confirming this story. Damn, I so wish it were true.