Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Can't resist...A few snips from Bush's latest MC work/Ersatz Town Hall Meeting

President Discusses Democracy in Iraq with Freedom House:

THE PRESIDENT: So issues around Iraq are complicated and necessary, and that's why my administration spends a lot of time on them.

Yes, sir. You're going to ask me if I read the book. (Laughter.)

Q Mr. President, as you noted at the beginning -- I'm with Freedom House, and I gave the President a copy of our annual report, Freedom in the World, before he took the stage. And as you noted, our reports have --

THE PRESIDENT: Little print, no pictures. Go ahead. (Laughter.)

Q It's the bible of freedom, yes. (Laughter.)

THE PRESIDENT: I'm the funny guy. Go ahead. (Laughter.)

...

Q ...[H]ow do you reconcile a guest worker for undocumented residents who are here, versus those who are on line and in the system waiting five and 10 years to get here?

THE PRESIDENT: No, that's a great question. Thanks. It's obviously topic du jour. (Laughter.) Pretty fancy, huh? Topic du jour? (Laughter.) I don't want to ruin the image. (Laughter.)


Thanks folks. You've been a great audience. I'll be here all week. Try the Veal!